Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We're off to see the Mickey

In 5 hours I will have the car packed, dog to the "doggie hotel," oil change in the car, and will round up my kids, husband, Aunt Di and Nana and we will be off to the "happiest place on earth" for Thanksgiving.

For the last 34 years, all I ever remember is the stress of Thanksgiving. It began with cooking the traditional "Thanksgiving meal"for a small family of 4, cleaning the house till it was spotless (although we never had company join us) . The stress fluctuated on however, and whatever, my moms shifting mood decided to focus on.

As an adult, I thought I would alleviate stress by having Thanksgiving at my house and that did not work, stress galore. Then I decided to have Thanksgiving not only at my house, but order pre prepared Thanksgiving meals from the local grocery store, well stress came in the boxed meal I guess.

So, we shall do the very mentally unhealthy response to this and just deny and ignore the holidays existence so I don't have to deal with it and head to Disneyland.

We're off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment