Thursday, November 4, 2010

Not a Joke

So, it started off as a joke, then I gave it some real consideration, and now it is a reality. We are spending Thanksgiving in Disneyland. We will be at the "happiest place on earth" with a bunch of other like minded people who would rather forget there is a family holiday too.

My mom has been stressing for weeks over the holiday, why I am not sure. Its not like I am inviting my dad and his new wife over at the same time. Give me some credit, I know better then that. My dad is asking of our plans so he can plan with his new additional family, and my sister's husband will take off for parts unknown to go back country skiing. In trying to figure out the impossible, how to make everyone happy, or at least satisfied, I opted for Disneyland.

We were planning a Christmas Disney trip and the more I thought about it the better Thanksgiving sounded at Disneyland. No stressing about ordering food, picking it up, cleaning the house, entertaining family, arguments over how much turkey a kid must eat to have pie, and clean up (plus, the whole family drama mentioned above).

Instead, we will walk into that great restaurant by Tommorrow Land and buffet style, have our turkey dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment