Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good Bye Cable

In an attempt to cut down on some household expenses, I was throwing around the idea of getting rid of our cable TV. In all reality it was only used for watching Cartoon Network and Sponge Bob. My husband does not watch TV, and I have given up watching the morning news cast in order to keep up with all the blogs I have become addicted to.

When I paid our last bill, I really thought, "I am paying this for Sponge Bob and Cartoon Network?" It was on my list of "to do's," cancel cable. Well, that was on the list for over two weeks.

Then one afternoon when I was having Adeline try on a pair of hand me down jeans, Carson said something about them being "skinny jeans." Shocked I said "where did you hear that?" "TV he replied."

Within two hours, the cable was shut off, the next day the cable company came for their cable box and remote.

The next day I was asked why we could not get Cartoon Network on the TV, explained I got rid of cable TV, and guess how often they feel the need to ask about TV now? None. Funny how they have found other ways to occupy their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment