Monday, August 2, 2010

A Night Away



My sister and I had a night away together. No husbands, no children.

We went about an hour and a half south of where we live and stayed right off of the Colorado river. We had a wonderful drive, great dinner and a relaxing evening. My sister and I got a HUGE thrill out of watching the people in the "Adult Only" pool from our room window (Don't fret, it was not topless, or bottomless, just no kids allowed, they had a family pool on the other side of the hotel). We thought after 10 pm that pool would be hopping with excitement, but it was quiet.

The next morning I awoke and quietly watched the river flow south with my coffee. It was so peaceful, both the room and the river!

I am excited to take my kiddos back to play at the beach. Yes, you heard me correct, a beach in the middle of the desert. The hotel has created a sand beach area right off the river. I see hours of enjoyment in our future.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to return with the munchkins! It was a wonderful sisters trip!!!

    ReplyDelete