Monday, August 23, 2010

Wild Animal Park

Nana on the hot air balloon
view of San Pasquale Valley
view of San Pasquale Valley
hot air balloon

I remember the Wild Animal Park from my childhood. It seemed like we went every year during my elementary school years. Now with my kids in tow we packed our water, sunscreen and hats and took off to see the roaming animals.

The highlights and low lights of the Wild Animal Park day are as follows:

Low lights:
people trying to park their cars were rude
my kids wanted to be pushed all day in the stroller up hill
the gorillas were not out
they took out the old tram that took you around the park and it is now driven by huge truck fronts pulling seated trailers.
you could take almost a true like safari down in the open areas of the park, but my kids were too young, and it cost $90 per person.
I wanted to do the flight swing but of course, that again was between $90-120. Not in the budget this trip.
had to pay for duck food, bird juice and whatever they could nickle and dime you for

Well, with that rant are you sure I found any good?
I did.
My mom and I rode up in a huge hot air balloon over 400 feet up and had the most spectacular view of the San Pasquale Valley. It was amazing! All for the bargain price of $20 (good thing my kiddos did not want to go, that would have been $60!).
they put in an elevator to eliminate a extremely difficult up hill climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment