Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Who's loosing it?

Is it me or my mom, who is the one loosing it? I believe in the last 2 weeks my mom feels I have not remembered anything she has said, done or mentioned. Apparently she tells me her schedule, and I don't remember it or I forget that something a week from now is scheduled. Well, maybe she is right. Maybe I don't have the memory I used too.

Could it also just possibly be that I have a full plate?

I have two busy children to raise. Dance class once a week, violin every morning plus lesson and group class every week, school homework, projects and PTSA commitments.

I work and emotionally draining job as a child therapist part time, trying to assist children and their families to more fully function in everyday living. I also work a contract job every other Sunday, and a per diem social work job.

I have a mother, whom of course has her issues.

I try to keep track of my father and invite him to family functions and dinner (oh, and I seem to be his mail carrier as he has mail delivered to my house instead of his).

A sister who is in an intensive graduate school program, who has a dog with multiple health problems.

My husband has his issues too, I tend to lovingly tease him about his attention deficit disorder and the fact that some days he must not have "paid his attention bill."

So, maybe, just maybe mom, if I don't remember your exact schedule, if I don't realize what is scheduled a week out, please just cut me a little slack. Being the family "den mother" is sometimes just a lot to juggle.

1 comment:

  1. You really are the family "rock." We all should cut you slack because you spend so much time helping the rest of us. You are so generous with your family and more people should know that. Just remember I love you tons, even though I don't tell you nearly enough. You are always in my corner!

    ReplyDelete