Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are home! I slept in my own bed, with my own blankets and pillows. It was a whirlwind the last week. It started with Adeline's preschool graduation, then 4 hours later jumped on a plane to North Carolina for a family wedding. We arrived in NC at 2:30 in the morning. We were at the zoo by noon after our few hours of sleep, walked and took in all the wonderful animal exhibits and kids area.

Our family visited the Natural Science Museum which was phenomenal, and two botanical gardens which were so green with colorful flowers, so different then our desert of rocks and cactus. We also had 2 family diners, and of course the wedding.

The wedding was at a beautiful hotel with a ceremony in the outdoor garden which seemed so magical.

Our last day we drove 2 hours to the airport, a delayed flight, more trips to the restroom then I can count (my little kids and their pooping) then sitting on the tarmac for 40 minutes. Late to our connection, yet another delay, another round of trips to the restroom, get on the plan and sit on the tarmac for 15 minutes. Finally landed at home at 9 pm instead of 7, and up at 5:45 am to start the last week of school.

I won't even begin to discuss the mass of laundry that I need to address.

No comments:

Post a Comment