Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Heat


I always forget that living in the dessert is great in the winter, but is a completely horrible experience in the summer. In two days, the temperature seemed to go from the upper 80's to over 100 degrees! That gives the body no time to gradually adjust to the heat and makes it feel extra hot.

I was so excited my kids were out of school, I wanted to be out at the water parks, the pool and have fun in general, but I think all the heat has taken every ounce of energy from me. Even going to the pool to cool off seems like so much effort in the blazing heat. I have to mentally decided if whatever we are going to do is worth the burning heat. I guess the plus is the kids don't seem to be too affected by the heat. They will swim anytime, want to go to the park, and water park even when their little faces are beet red.

Here's to another hot summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment