Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Commonalities Across the Country


Recently our family flew across the country to attend a family wedding. We were at one of the family /friend dinners where a lady was telling us that she had grandchildren who were my kids age and they lived part time in the same city we did. How interesting I said, and we continued on with our conversation and found out we actually not only lived in the same city, but were literally in walking distance to each other. At the next dinner, the lady gave me her daughters phone number and said "please give her a call."

As I said I would, I gave this mom a call. We scheduled a little pool party with lunch. Amazingly the kids hit it off big time. There was not one issue between the kids, no refereeing, no behavioral disruptions, sharing and manners were displayed throughout the day. Icing on the cake was us mom's even had a great time. We were actually able to have uninterrupted conversations about parenting and life in general.

What a great day! Who would have ever known we would travel cross country to find a friend and neighbor in our own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment