Thursday, October 1, 2009




I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab Truck. It is my dream truck. I have loved trucks for as long as I can remember, any kind of truck, construction trucks, monster trucks, especially little Toyota trucks that were jacked up with roll bars. After landing my first "adult" job, I went out and purchased one of the biggest trucks on the market. At the time I was looking, Chevy had come out with the Crew Cab, which is a full size back seat. Perfect for a growing family I thought.

Well, what started as my dream truck has slowly lost its status in my mind. It is going from dream truck to the money pit very rapidly. It is having one repair after another, and not just minor monetary repairs. We are talking never a repair bill under $800 (parts are extremely expensive).

So, as I started the car the other morning I saw the dreaded glow of the service engine light on. To the repair shop we went. I tried a new repair shop on the recommendation of a friend and can not praise One Stop Auto enough for their hard and honest work. The picture above is what they found when they were looking at my fuel line. Another repair shop had installed a new fuel pump, managed to break a part in the truck along the way, and instead of repairing the part they broke, decided to do that wonderful kindergarten glue job seen above. I cannot believe someone could be so blatantly dishonest and have such a lack of pride in their work, not counting all the safety issues this posed to my family who rides in that truck on a daily basis.

What is so ironic, the name of the repair shop that did all the damage was called Honest-1 Auto Care!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment