Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ant hill at the Orchard

I was so excited to surprise my little ones with an adventure. We have had a long hot summer, and the hottest September on record. I wanted to let my kids run free in the dirt, and not break out in a sweat just getting out of the car. So, I thought it would be great to head out to our local orchard to pick a pumpkin and really get into the fall spirit.

We live in the desert and our local orchard is sparse, more brown dirt then green, but none the less, it is an activity great for the family. My munchkins ran around the field of pumpkins and picked the pumpkin of their choice. They lifted, or attempted to lift the big pumpkins and named all the baby pumpkins they found. We moved into the apple trees and went up and down rows of beautiful green apple trees and picked a bag full of apples. My kids and I had great conversation in the mists of the trees, and really enjoyed each others company. No arguing, teasing or videos.

Our adventure lead us out into nature, to see and find bright orange pumpkins, and perfect purple egg plant. Tomatoes were deep red, plucked from the vine, and apples small and green, fresh off the tree. But what captured my kids attention the most?????

The ant hill.





No comments:

Post a Comment