Monday, December 5, 2011

My Inept Status

I swear at times my mother thinks I am inept as a mother and as a person. But, I guess looking at the picture below, she might have some merit.




All kidding aside though, I think I have it pretty much together. Yeah, some days are better then others and sometimes I am on it and sometimes I am not, but I always have my kids best interest in mind.

Here are few examples:
  • Adeline wants to read for her old preschool class, so we have been reading a few books and practicing for her reading debut. Then Sunday when I picked up the kids from Nana's house she goes through how they have been practicing a few books for her to read, and that she needs to read really well and be prepared because Nana's friends granddaughter is in that preschool class and is reading.
  • Nana was very disturbed that I was going to my husbands company Christmas party in my work clothes, which include my black clogs. She told me I could borrow a dressy sequin top of her so I would be more dressed up, but explained I still only had my black clogs to wear. I do not have dressy clothes anymore, I just don't need them. So in disappointing fashion (to my mother) I wore work clothes. Little does she realize how the culture has really changed, there were people in jeans and ball caps, and too tight leggings and spike heels. My clogs fit right in, it was a nice medium.
  • I have also not found black pants for Carson to wear for his violin recital 3 weeks from now, nor has my daughter started her "Caterpillar" project that is due in two weeks. I have not started teacher Christmas gifts and have not made a doctor's appointment for Carson's toe.
Some days I have to remind myself that my mom's primary mode of communication is criticism, whether she knows it or not. So, I will continue to forge on!

No comments:

Post a Comment