Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Tried

For the past three weeks Carson has been visiting the health office at school almost daily. It is at times for a headache, at other times it is for his inhaler. He has not had any asthma problems at home this last month which has been fantastic, but it keeps happening at school. A few of us adults have deduced that it is probably his home room teacher in the afternoon. I have been in the class for presentations and am not a fan of the teacher. Carson has mentioned that she is not always very nice to the other kids but is nice to him.

I talked to Carson about maybe switching classes and he said he might want to do it, he had even told the teacher he might. I went to the assistant principal who said she would look into it. I gave it a week and did not hear back and also e mailed her twice and never heard back. I of course then went to the principal and she made the teacher change.

Saturday evening I told Carson he was switching home room classes and he had a complete meltdown. He was in tears sitting on my lap, on the bed and on the floor. He said the teacher had been nice to him and he was learning alot. Carson also was going to miss his friend who he plays games with on fun Friday in class. I reminded Carson that he was the one who wanted t0 switch classes.

As a mom, I only wanted to do what was best by him, but also, as much as a stink I threw I could also not have him switch back. I felt horrible. Had I taken too much advise from other people, should I have guided Carson in a different way before switching him? I don't know. I was just trying to make the best choice possible.

This morning as we were on the way to buy shoes, he told me that he was ok with the move and he was upset most likely because I took him by surprise.

Hopefully there will be no tears on the way to school on Tuesday. Only 4 school days until Christmas vacation. I know we can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment