Friday, July 9, 2010

Attitude

The summer is at its half way point. I was so excited at the beginning of summer to have time to do activities with my kids, go fun places and enjoy my time off with the kids. But it feels that I have not accomplished any of that.

Maybe, I am just in a mid summer funk, and am not clearly recalling things at this point. But I feel that summer has been full of many obligatories and have to's. A family wedding started the summer. It was fun to see family, but was a long travel time for our short stay. Then family was in town, which we loved, but was all consuming for almost a week. Next was violin camp, everyday for 5 days. I must say by the end of day 3, I was ready to strangle many ill behaved and disrespectful children. Next week starts dance camp for two weeks and swimming lessons for two weeks.

Could it also be too, that our friends were here on vacation and I still want to be on vacation with them? So everything feels obligatory because I rather be on vacation? We had a wonderful time with the S. family. The kids made memories that they are all still talking about, and crying about. I had so much fun with Mrs. S. sitting by the pool for hours talking about our families and parenting. She truly seemed to love my quirky family stories, and took an interest in my life. That is very rare to find once people find out that I am a therapist. When people find out I am a therapist they get into talking mode and it may never occur to them that I have not said a word about me or my life. Thanks Mrs. S. for taking an interest and acting like a "real" friend.

So, we will forge on with our summer, my pity party will come to a close, and I will re adjust my attitude and have a fantastic end to our summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment