Wednesday, March 24, 2010

There are some attributes I so love in my 4 year old daughter. Some of these attributes that I love so much, like her candid honesty, independence, and her strong will, though, make her very difficult to parent. The other day, her Aunt was asking her a few questions from a child inventory test (she is going to school for her Master's in Educational Psychology, the whole family has been tested for something at some point this last year!! Maybe we are all certifiably crazy).

Sorry to digress, back to the questions, Adeline was so honest and articulate in her responses that I was taken aback. I do not have 8 year old that can do what she did in my therapy office!! She continued with straight questioning for about 30 minutes. Adeline told her Aunt about preschool, her friends etc. She also told her Aunt about her "bad attitude." My most favorite response was when Adeline was asked if she gets mad, and who she gets mad at. Of course she does get mad and she gets mad at.... surprise, surprise Mommy!!! Mostly because I do not let her do what she wants.

I can just see therapy down the road for a conflictual mother daughter relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment