Monday, March 8, 2010

Lung Dr. appointment


So why is it, that on the day of my children's visit with the lung doctor, did they have a great lung day? Why can't it be one of the bad peak flow meter days, the persistent coughing or wheezing day? That way to doctor could see how their asthma is at its worst. I am sure the doctor must think I am making up signs and symptoms.

How can my son go from such one extreme to the next? I guess that is the part of asthma I will never understand. He did a lung functioning test in their office and was at 154%! Two weeks ago, in the middle of his coughing stretch, he could not even talk without coughing. He would cough and get so red in the face that he made his school teacher very nervous.

And my little Adeline. She had a coughing fit like I have never seen before. She had taken a nebulizer treatment and coughed all throughout our grocery store adventure. We wound up at the local Urgent Care to control her coughing. But today, could the doctor hear a wheeze or a cough, not at all.

I guess this is another face of asthma that our family will have to learn to adjust to and cope with. Not always easy, but is the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment