Monday, January 18, 2010

Its Been Quiet

I hate to even say it, but the Mama Mia Maria house has been quiet the last few weeks. We recovered from the holiday and everyone is back to their school and work schedule.

The best news was my latest trip to the pharmacy for my 2 little asthmatics. We changed insurance carriers this month, and has that ever made a difference in our cost of medicine. We are lucky enough to be on a plan that has a 10% cost of any asthma medication.

To breakdown our cost:
  • Flovent inhaler used to cost us $60 a month, now costs us roughly $9.
  • Q Var inhaler cost $60 a month, now roughly $8.
  • Singulair for both kids was running $70 a month, now is costing roughly $12 a month, per child.
  • Albuterol inhalers (2 per refill) used to be $10, is now $1.80.

I used to be able to print out coupons for Singulair, but I must have used too many coupons and they have cut me off. Luckily $24 a month is a bigger saving then the coupons.

This new coverage is so much better on our bank account, not including the fact we pay $300 less per month and have a yearly deductable that is $3000, instead of $5000. I used to take my good health and health insurance for granted, now with two asthmatic children I am counting my blessings we have a better insurance coverage now.

No comments:

Post a Comment