Monday, January 25, 2010

A Fate Worse then Death

It almost happened. I had not planned on it, nor had no time to mentally prepare. Last week my coffee vice was almost taken away from me!!!! That can't be. I love my morning coffee, my afternoon coffee, and of course my evening coffee. How could I handle being stripped of my daily indulgence?? I can cut the soda,no problem, I don't eat chocolate, but my coffee???

I had had a week of some very persistent UTI symptoms. I finally broke down and went to the doctor expecting antibiotics to clear up the infection. Well, I had no infection, in fact, what I had was an "old lady bladder" according to the doctor. Overactive bladders, according to the doctors are usually not seen in woman younger then 40, but I guess my pregnancies may have precipitated my issues. The doctor suggested I give up, or at least cut back on caffeine, spicy food and citric products as these can irritate the inner wall of the bladder. He also prescribed medication, and I was so relieved when it was only $4 at Walmart.

So, I have been on my medication for a week, have slightly cut back on my caffeine, and can really do without soda. I would rather save my caffeine ration for my coffee.

I have been saved, coffee, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment