Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Loosing

So, I am loosing the battle on Facebook, and here is how it started.

Carson built these wonderful Lego creations this weekend. He had really been working on me to buy him a Wii and a Playstation. My husband and I are not necessarily against video games, but we are not 100% for them. So many parents and families I see in my office have so many fights and arguments over the Wii, and kids spending way to much time on them and having meltdowns when they have to get off, or are in a middle of the game, that I just do not need to add that to my life.

But, this was Carson's attempt to show us how much he really wanted the Wii and playstation.....


This is a replica of a miniature Wii remote


Playstation controller


Wii remote and Wii numchuck


Wii console with a slot for the disk to go in

I posted these pictures on Facebook and added the comment below.....
"Carson did a fabulous job and I was more then impressed with his creation, but the poor guy only proved his point about why we do not have video games at our house. If he was playing video games he would not have this much time to be creative and use his imagination."

Not one Facebook friend agreed with my point of view, and even got the comment that the Wii is not like the video games we grew up with, and yeah, maybe they are right, now a kid can take a video game remote and shoot people and see blood and profanity flying everywhere.

Sorry Carson, not rethinking my stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment