Tuesday, January 4, 2011

ADHD Piles

For all you neurotypical people out there, this post will probably make no sense to you; nor will it be worth figuring out why us non neurotypical people do what we do.

These pictures help to depict the "piles" of stuff that ADHD people usually have. ADHD people think they are great organizers, and we have tried every organization system known, but for me, it seems I always revert back to my piles.

In this first picture there is a pile of work stuff I had to take out of my car in order to pack for our road trip, plus all the stuff that had accumulated in the car during the trip. It was so neatly organized in bags and backpacks until the car actually started moving, then it was a free for all. So, here is the first pile, and the aftermath of work and traveling crap.

Then the pile seems to get sorted into new piles on the kitchen table.


Then it slowly moves to a pile on the stairs, where each child has to put away their belongings or I organize them into the garbage can.

I have no idea why I cannot just put it away the first time while it is actually in my hand. Then I think about it and believe that it will take longer if I have to go back and forth to get stuff put away, so I seem to sort, pile and put away.

This same concept applies to laundry, to the washer, to the dryer, folded in the basket, sorted on my bed, then taken to a pile in each kids room, to hopefully, eventually, be put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment