Friday, January 6, 2012

ADHD at Work

Earlier in the week we had evening plans after school, so I decided to take the kids to the library to do their homework where we would be closer to our scheduled destination. But in a new environment, it was fascinating to watch Carson and his ADHD doing homework in an unfamiliar setting.

In the middle of doing math, he found a light on the ceiling

Sitting on our feet, don't think he knows how to sit on his tush pockets

Giggling, trying to hide it from me, while he should be writing something with his pencil

Karate chop

On to both feet crossed on our knees

Needless to say, homework is a challenge for sure, the more patience I have with him the better, and I have to pull out my inner therapist tools and ask myself what advise would I give one of my client's parents.

And since I love watching human nature at work, especially those who are not neurotypical, I have to saw this little guy and his sister fascinate me

No comments:

Post a Comment