Wednesday, July 20, 2011

God Love Concerta

I have been on Concerta to treat my ADHD symptoms for over 6 months now. I had an increase in milligrams once, and since then, I have been very happy with my results.

Except that this month we started our new deductible year and our deductible is $3500. Yep, everything is out of pocket until we have reached that mark, which meant that my Concerta prescription was going to cost me $151.00. Ouch!!!!! (My sons metadate, for ADHD, was $130.00).

I called the doctor and they gave me a new prescription for Adderral. I am not a fan of Adderral, it seems to bring out aggression and moodiness in children, and agitation in adults. But $15.00 seemd better then $151.00.

I took the Adderral for 3 days and went back to the Concerta. I did end up getting a discount coupon, so it was $116.00, but it is worth every penny I spent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment