Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Syndromes

A friend of mine has a 9 year old son who was just cracking me up. I said out loud that I could not find the ball. He says to me, "Its right there in front of you, its like you have man syndrome."

I love how little minds work and I thought I would just go with it. So here is how the rest of the conversation went:

ME: "Man syndrome, what is that?"

CHILD: "When you can't find something right in front of you."

ME: "Is there a women syndrome?"

CHILD: "Yes, its when a women takes to long to get ready in the morning."

ME: "What about a teenage syndrome?"

CHILD: "When my sister takes too long to put on her makeup"

ME: "A mommy syndrome?"

CHILD: "When it takes to long to both get dressed and put make up on and leave the house late because she is not ready on time"

ME: "Is there a daddy syndrome?"

CHILD: "Anger"

The first part of this I was just basking in his creativity of how funny and perceptive a nine year old perceives his world. Sad part is when we got to his dad, there was no hesitation, no pondering or thinking, it was an instant answer of angry. Good thing he has a loving, patient mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment