Sunday, December 5, 2010

Haven't I Learned?

Why is it that I know I should not, but still do?

I was out at Target trying to find Carson a nice sweater or sweater vest to wear for his violin recital on Monday, and made the mistake of calling my mom. Why oh why do I do that? I think in my gut I decided I should get it over with, have her throw her little fit tonight about the fact that Carson is not wearing a shirt and tie, instead of on the way to the violin recital.

My mom and I went back and forth about why I do this every year and wait till the last minute blah, blah, blah. I explained the whole dress pant situation and the fact I was not buying new pants for one recital. After the whole pant and sweater issue was talked to death, she stated that in the future I might want to buy Carson one less toy and invest in a nice suit for him. Then continues on to say that "the other family with 3 boys who all play the violin have silk shirts, ties and dress pants and I would hate Carson to feel that he was dressed differently then the other kids." Well, if I was a specialty doctor, and so was my husband and could afford a live in nanny to take my kids everywhere and attend to all of my families needs, I could buy the silk suits for a once a year occasion. But, I am not, so I am just grateful at times for what Target and Walmart have. And really, you think a 7 year old is going to complain about not having to wear a tie and suit? I don't think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment