Saturday, September 12, 2009

Please allow me a moment to interpret the wonderful creation above.

The first week of school my son completed an "All About Me" booklet. I took the booklet out of his backpack, looked at his beautiful coloring on the front cover, the time he took to draw his detailed pirate ship on a page, and his statement that his favorite aspect of school was playing on the playground with his sister. I continued to flip through the book with such pride. Then, I found my way to the page labeled "My Family." With anticipation I looked at the picture and read the statement he had written below.
"Mom has to clean the floor"
"Daddy gives me hugs"

His two statements about his family, and this is what he depicts. It is just so wrong on so many levels. Maybe Daddy needs to take on more household chores so mom is not always saying "after I finish.......(whatever chore is being completed)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment