Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday

It is Tuesday morning. Which in our house is any other families typical Monday morning. Of course our family is not normal so why would one expect our Monday to be a Monday and a Saturday to be a Saturday not Friday?

The morning started off with one tired mama waking up at the crack of dawn to have a few minutes to have coffee in peace. I find the morning flows better if I have a few minutes to wake up and get myself together before I try to wake up two children.

As I went to wake up child number one, I realize I was waking up my husband as somewhere in the night they played musical beds. When I found the right child #1, I was finally able to arouse cranky boy and get him out of bed and downstairs to the kitchen. Over his buffet of cereal (yes, buffet, he likes to mix at least two kinds of dry cereal, sometimes as many as four. Does anyone elses kids do this???) he explained to me how unjust he felt it that I wake him up on school days. I feel for you buddy, I really do, but its life. He finished eating, got dressed then shed a few tears over practicing his violin and having to finish 4 questions on his spelling worksheet that he and his dad both missed while completing homework the night before.

We made it to school and cranky boy hovered with me on the play ground when he finally broke free of me, it was to watch a few kids play ball. He kept looking over at me with these puppy dog eyes, like a mom, your so mean look. But at school there is a no ball policy in the morning and I have had to remind him of this rule in the past. Yes, it sucks, no one has gotten in trouble yet, and double suck that one of the teachers plays ball with the kids, but rules are rules and they apply to my children.

Child #2, Where do I even begin? She woke up on her own which helps, but was upset that she was cold. She proceeded to tartly ask why I gave her blueberries with her pancakes, ummmmmmmm.... to eat sweetie?! Then as she is wrapped in a blanket talking with her brother, the dog snatches the last 3 pancakes off her plate, and let me tell you, did the waterworks start flowing. From there it was all down hill. She didn't want to get dressed, get her hair done or leave the house. She did not want to go with me to a meeting I had to go to, was mad over having to drop off papers to the accountant, as "I don't have to pay taxes" she stated. Of course, Ms. Child Therapist that I am, I responded with the emotional and completely inappropriate response of "then daddy and I get to go to jail because adults have to pay taxes." This "I don't want to do anything" attitude went on to the fact she did not want to go to dance class, the regular dance teacher was not there, which did not make it any easier. And the rest of the day........ is yet to be seen.

I love Tuesdays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment