Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Few Prayers

So, I am not a religious person. I do not attend church on a weekly basis, nor on the big religious holidays. I was raised going to church weekly, and have not continued that in my adult life. But despite the fact that I am not involved in organized religion, I am a spiritual person.

I believe that there is a higher power, whatever that might look like. I struggle with how to explain this to my children seeming they have not step foot in a church, and have not heard much religious dialog in which to have a basis for such discussions. But, how many near car accidents of a distracted mom have been narrowly missed, how many nasty tumbles of kids have been taken, and illnesses resolved, to realize that there is more, something bigger in this world.

With all of this in mind, I have been praying a lot. Praying for things in my life to be fixed, resolved or re- balanced. I am hoping with enough prayer, faith and maybe some lessons learned, this higher power will grant my family a few prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment